Creating a Domain Alias
Domain aliases are used to map one domain to another without actually having to set the domain up in the control panel. Eg. you have 2 domain names, yourdomain.co.uk & yourdomain.com. The main site is yourdomain.com but you also want visitors to yourdomain.co.uk to reach your site. If you alias yourdomain.co.uk all visitors visiting that site will see the content uploaded to yourdomain.com, this saves you adding yourdomain.co.uk as a full domain and thus wasting an account credit.
To add a domain alias follow these simple steps :
- Enter your control panel using the login on the
- Within your control panel click on the domains Icon
- You are now in the main area for control of your
- From here click Domain Aliases
- Click Add New
- Input the domain name to use
- Click Save
- Now when you visit yourdomain.co.uk it automatically aliases to yourdomain.com.
click here to return to support